Rishikesh is a city in the Dehradun District of Uttarakhand, situated in the foothills of Garhwal Himalayan Range and surrounded by the Shivalik range. Interestingly, it is the only destination in the world that is equally popular for pilgrimage, yoga and adventure sports. Hrishik stands for senses and Esh means God, hence the name means God of senses. It’s believed The Beatles were able to get in touch with their spiritual side here, writing several songs during a 1968 visit at a local ashram.
Select your Hotel
Select your Car
- We will start early Morning from Delhi for your journey to Rishikesh (227 Km / 4 Hr 30 Mins) Rest of the day is for your leisure.
- One of the holiest cities in India, Rishikesh is quite famous for its scenic landscapes and is naturally placed in the foothills of the Lower Himalayas in the state of Uttarakhand. The town serves as a gateway to other important religious centers such as Kedarnath, Badrinath, Gangotri and Yamunotri.Morning you can take holy dip in the river ganga.
- Ram Jhula is one among the two extremely popular hanging-bridges in Rishikesh. It is one of the important places of interest for those who visit Rishikesh. The bridge was put-up in year 1986 on the River Ganga.
- Laxman Jhula in Rishikesh is one of the major tourist attractions for those who visit Rishikesh. Basically, it is a hanging bridge across river Ganga, around 450 ft long and 70 ft above the river. In early times, the jhula was a hanging jute bridge, but later it was transformed into an Iron suspension bridge.
- The bathing Ghat of Rishikesh, Triveni Ghat is set at the confluence of three sacred rivers- Ganga, Yamuna and Saraswati. Pilgrims from all across the country visit to take a holy dip in Triveni Ghat.
- Located near Laxman Jhula, Trayambakeshwar is one of important holy shrines in Rishikesh. The temple is a 13-storied building with different Hindu deities inside.
- Then in the evening drive back to Delhi.