Agra is known for Taj Mahal, one of the wonders of the world and a symbol of eternal love. The monument was built by the famous Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan who made it to immortalise the memory of his wife, Mumtaz. But the city of Agra, in Uttar Pradesh, has a lot to offer. You just need to do Intercity Cab Booking Gurgaon To Agra and get going.
The city is full of architectural masterpieces that define Agra's history and culture and show us a picture of the bygone era. So, here are five Mughal monuments that you must visit in Agra, book Intercity car rental Gurgaon To Agra now!
1. Fatehpur Sikri- Built with red sandstone, Fatehpur Sikri shows us a picture of the planning and administration of Mughal period. It is known as one of the best-planned cities with its mesmerizing architecture with perfect spatial placement and was storage to Mughal arsenal, treasure hoards and other reserves.
How to go: Intercity Cab from Gurgaon To Agra
2. Agra Fort- This is one of the most popular forts if of the country and is often called the sister of Taj Mahal. It was built by Shah Jahan of the Mughal dynasty in the 11th century, and it was his home for a while. It is also called the Red Fort of Agra since it is made of red sandstone.While the fort is located on the bank of the Yamuna River, it also has a beautiful garden at the entrance.
How to go: Intercity Cab Service from Gurgaon To Agra
3. Sikandara- Sikanadara tomb is the resting place of Akbar, the great Mughal emperor. It is located just 13 kms away from Agra fort and its construction was completed by his son Jahangir. You can take local buses or do Intercity Cab Booking from Gurgaon To Agra. This structure combines the architectural themes of Hindu, Christian, Islamic, Buddhist, and Jain faiths.
How to go: Intercity Taxi from Gurgaon To Agra
4. Buland Darwaza- This gateway to the city of Fatehpur Sikri was added in 1571-72 as a celebration and commemoration of Akbar's conquest of Gujarat. The gateway is made of red sandstone and is known for its architectural mastery. There is also an inscription that refers to Akbar's belief in religious tolerance.
How to go: Intercity Taxi Service from Gurgaon To Agra
5. Taj Mahal- The world famous Taj Mahal took 22 years to built. It is known as the crown of palaces and is built on the banks of river Yamuna which gives it a different appeal. It is a world heritage site that combines Islamic, Persian, Turkish and Indian architectural styles.
How to go: Intercity Taxi Booking from Gurgaon To Agra