Activities and Adventures in Shimla you should not miss
Dehradun is the capital of Uttarakhand in the northern part of India. It is one of the many ‘Counter Magnets’ in the National Capital Region (NCR). Dehradun is being developed as an alternative growth centre to ease the burden of population explosion and migration boom on the nearby metropolis of Delhi, earning the privilege of being hailed as one of the smart cities of the country. Dehradun is also well connected to the nearby city of Shimla, known for its scenic beauty and very agreeable weather conditions. There is a very economical cab service from Dehradun to Shimla and you can also hire a taxi from Dehradun to Shimla. If you are a resident of Dehradun and are planning to take a trip to Shimla, you can make use of this cab service. Surrounded by the snow-capped mountaintops of the Himalayas, Shimla is a place for many adventures. Here are some of the few adventures in Shimla you should definitely not miss.
- Paragliding: Paragliding is one of the most sought after adventure sports in Shimla. The majestic hills and green pastures make Shimla an ideal place for paragliding. Taking place in Shivpuri or the Kangra Valley, the jumps take place at jaw-dropping heights of around 3100 feet. The entire activity takes place over a period of 5-6 hours under the guidance of experienced professionals and with proper safety equipment. You can take part in this activity by making use of the very economical taxi service from Dehradun to Shimla.
- River Rafting: Shimla has many places ideal for engaging in river rafting. Tattapani, a serene place with plenty of rivers is one such place. The Sutlej river which runs at a very high pace is great for engaging in this activity. One of the more famous river rafting route is from Chamba to Tattapani on the river Sutlej. The activity lasts for two hours and is sure to get the adrenaline pumping through you. If you want to go river rafting in Shimla, you can use the safe taxi rental from Dehradun to Shimla to aid in your journey to these places.
- Camping: Camping in Shimla is a truly surreal experience what with all the mountains and flowing rivers surrounding you while the stars shine above you during the nights. You will truly feel like you are in the lap of Mother Nature. Some of the many places in Shimla you can go camping are Chail, Kufri and Dev Bayogi to name a few. You can also indulge in camping at these places if you use the economical taxi service from Dehradun to Shimla to aid in your journey.
- Heli-Skiing: This amazing adventure sport activity in Shimla will have you gliding through the treacherous snow as you maneuver the many twists and turns of the mountains of Shimla. You will be dropped by a helicopter on a mountain top from where you are to ski all the way down to the valley below. Kufri and Narkanda are two places in Shimla where you can engage in this adrenaline pumping activity. You get to ski down the mountains while feasting your eyes on the gorgeous snow covered landscapes all around you. You can participate in this activity if you hire a taxi from Dehradun to Shimla to aid in your journey.
- Golfing: Get a chance to try your hand at the famous sport of golf. Shimla was once hailed as the summer capital for the British and being blessed with a vast expanse of land, it was perfect for golf. The serene and calm atmosphere of Shimla further compliments this sport. The town of Naldehra has one of the oldest golf courses which is also considered as the most challenging. Annadale golf course is also considered as a favourite among the people. You can also take part in this activity by making use of taxi booking from Dehradun to Shimla to aid in your journey.
These are but some of the many fun adventures and activities in Shimla you can participate in. So stop waiting and get the best taxi services from Dehradun to Shimla so that you can get your own slice of excitement and adventure.